What you need to know about booking a charter with us!
- Determine when you would like to come and your preferred vessel.
- Email to discuss your boat rental needs; to determine availability and cost of the yacht charter booking.
- Fill out the Charter Resume and send it to us.
- We may tentatively reserve those dates for that boat until the owner has confirmed and sends us an executed contract.
- When the resume and dates are confirmed we will send you contracts.
- Once the contracts have been signed and a 50% deposit has been received [you may use our On-Line Secure Form to make a payment], your charter time is booked and your reservation is confirmed.
- Balance and security deposit will be due according to the contract.
- About ten days before your charter you will receive any contact information, travel information and last minute details about your boarding with the boat owner(s).
- Security deposits are generally returned within ten days of the conclusion of the charter. Longer may be involved if there are any charges against the security deposit.
Yacht Charter Booking Deposit: A 50% deposit is required to secure your sailboat charter booking [you may use our On-Line Secure Form to make a payment].
Balance of yacht charter booking fees: These are to be paid in full according to the contract terms.
Cancellations: If a Charterer must cancel, you must send a written notification. If you cancel your charter, the cancellation fee is $150 if we are notified at least 90 days before your scheduled charter date. If you cancel less than 90 days in advance, we will be unable to provide a refund or credit unless we are able to re-book the yacht. If the boat is re-booked, we will refund your charter payment, on a pro-rated basis, less the $150 cancellation fee.
Security Deposits and Insurance: All of our boats carry hull coverage and liability insurance including a rider for bareboat chartering. The bareboat provision states that the charterer is covered as the owner to the constraints of the policy, which include the insurance deductible. The charterer must provide a security deposit equal to the deductible; the amount varies per boat, but is no less than $1000. The security deposit check is cashed and the money is placed in an escrow account. A refund check, less the cost of diesel fuel, float fees, and any losses or damages, will be mailed to you generally within a 10 days of your returning the boat.
Boarding Times: Our charter operation runs seven days a week. We try to made the boarding and return times as flexible as needed given the needs of the charters and the boat/manager owner.
- Safety Equipment: All of our boats are outfitted with all safety gear required by the Coast Guard for coastal cruising.
Where We Are
Charters out of Rockland will have the opportunity to explore the town and Rockland's large harbor. A vibrant town and sailing center, Rockland offers many specialty shops and a wide choice of cuisines for dining ashore. You'll find everything you need to provision for your cruise in the several top-notch supermarkets and fine gourmet stores located within a mile of the harbor. Cultural attractions include numerous art galleries and the highly regarded Farnsworth Museum, which has a distinguished collection of works by three generations of Wyeths. The Atlantic Challenge organization is also headquartered here and hosts many youth sailing programs and events throughout the summer.
There are two major airports, one in Portland and the other in Bangor; both are about two hours from Rockland by car. There is also a commuter flight on Colgan Air from Boston to Rockland's airport, which is a five-minute taxi ride to the marina. Bus service from Boston is provided by Concord Trailways.